Best Benchtop Jointer Reviews of 2021 – Get Top Woodworking Tools
A Benchtop Jointer is used to flatten bent or twisted lumber boards until the surfaces get flat and the edges are shaped straight or squared. Owning this machine will help the carpenter to enhance the appearance of wood without making too much tear. As there are different types of versions like table top jointer, portable, etc. are available in the market. So choosing the right tool can become a confusing task. To help you in this, we have built a guide on the most sought jointers today with all the necessary information. It will give you a clear idea in selecting the ideal one.
Best Benchtop Jointer
1. PORTER-CABLE PC160JT Jointer
PORTER-CABLE PC160JT is designed for smaller-scale edge jointing and works best on the material with a maximum width of 6 inches. This machine does everything that the company promises to the customer. The tool is robust, sturdy, and does the cutting job smoothly. One can easily make fence adjustments swiftly to get a proper cut. The product comes with a manual that contains all the information on the portable jointer, which is very useful for the user.
PORTER-CABLE PC160JT 6-Inch Variable Speed Bench Jointer comes with these following features:
- The jointer comes with the 10-amp variable-speed motor to cut material of 6″ size of hardness.
- Get sufficient support for accurate edge jointing with 19.75-in L x 4.25-in W center-mounted fence.
- Use a 2-knife cutter head for a smooth cutting process.
- The built-in cutter head lock makes knife replacement and adjustment easy.
- It has an extra-large table to support the stock and work with ease.
- The PORTER-CABLE company offers a three-year limited warranty with the product.
2. JET 708457DXK JJ-6CSDX Benchtop Jointer
Do you have a small space, but the work requires a powerful benchtop jointer? Jet JJP-8BT 8-Inch jointer/planer has a strong 13 Amp motor that creates 18,000 cuts per minute. The feed speed is 19.5 feet per minute, which means you can do more work in less time.
JET 708457DXK JJ-6CSDX BenchTop Jointer comes with these following features:
- A great benchtop jointer/planer that comes with a compact design and sturdy body.
- For getting an accurate cut, the extruded fence can be easily angled to 45 degrees.
- Adjust the height of feed table to reduce the snipe and support while working on long pieces.
3. POWERTEC BJ600 Jointer
POWERTEC BJ600 is a machine that works accurately and gives a great result with every use. The jointer comes with a dust collection bag, which helps to keep your table tidy after hours of work. POWERTEC BJ600 is easy to assemble and works great without making any additional adjustments while operating on wood.
POWERTEC BJ600 6-1/8-Inch Bench Jointer come with these following features:
- POWERTEC BJ600 6-1/8-Inch Bench Jointer comes with a built-in dust collection to gather wood chips making your work much more comfortable and cleaner
- The outfeed and infeed table manufactured from cast iron for extended shelf life.
- The cast-iron fence can get tilted to 45 degrees for bevel cuts.
- There is a safety power switch lock to ensure the machine doesn’t get started accidentally.
4. Delta Power Tools 37-071 MIDI Benchtop Jointer
Delta Power Tools 37-071 6 Inch benchtop jointer is the most sought woodworking tool by carpenters today. The company is known for creating tools designed for woodworks, and every device delivers precision cutting. One of the most requested products by the carpenters, it gives 20,000 cuts per minute and has 1 7/8 inches of Aluminum Cutter Head Diameter. Another noteworthy point of the machine is it can be stopped at 90 ̊ and 45 ̊ to get the 1/8-inch depth of cut.
Delta Power Tools 37-071 MIDI comes with these following features:
- The cast iron body of the jointer is to provide stability and durability. Also, it reduces vibration when heavy lumber is processed.
- The machine manufactured to give precision and accuracy is long term.
- Cutter head speed is 10,000 RPM and gives 20,000 cuts per minute.
- Table Dimensions is 6 1/4 inch, Fence Dimensions: 4 5/16 inch.
5. Cutech 40160H-CT Spiral Cutterhead Jointer
Though this spiral cutter head jointer may look pricey compared to other products, this version of a jointer is available for professional use. With its upgraded design, Cutech 40160H-CT has 12 2-sided inserts for achieving an excellent finish with a maximum reduction of the tear. With 2 ½ inches of dust port, all the wood chips get collected, reducing the mess on the table. One can tilt the jointer from 90 to 135 degrees with ease, and the fence is adjustable to 4 3/8-inch-high by 19 5/8 inch. The 120 VOLT, 10 AMP motor, the machine devised to do all kinds of big woodwork jobs in no time.
Cutech 40160H-CT Six Inch Bench Top Spiral Cutterhead Jointer comes with these following features:
- A Powerful 10 Amp 120V motor for doing all kinds of heavy carpentry work.
- The Spiral Cutterhead with 12 HSS Inserts designed to give an excellent finish with less tear.
- With a 4 3/8-inch-high by 19 5/8-inch Fence, the bench jointer can turn to 90 to 135 Degree.
6. Shop Fox W1741 Benchtop Jointer
With its robust design, the Shop Fox W1829 6-Inch Benchtop Jointer had a fully adjustable fence, alterable knife design, and freedom to tilt the jointer to 45 degrees for a precision cut. The design of the machine aids in working faster and doesn’t require any individual adjustments to get the desired task done. There is a mini impeller that sucks the wood chips away to the dust port, so you get a cleaner place to work.
Shop Fox W1829 6-Inch Benchtop Jointer comes with these following features:
- Shop Fox W1829 has 1-1/2 horsepower, 110V, 12 amps, the motor, which can efficiently process thick lumber.
- The Cutter head speed is 10,000 RPM
- Specially designed two-knife HSS cutter head provides 20,000 cuts per minute.
- The 2-1/2-inch dust port is clear of dust keeping the working section clean and tidy.
7. Grizzly G0725 6 by 28-inch Benchtop Jointer
This is a single-phase cast-iron table with much to offer to the user, which is why it is Amazon’s Choice in its category! Let’s find out its features:
- The motor is single phase, 110 V, and 1-1/2-HP.
- Its cutter head’s speed is 10,000 RPM, which is pretty good.
- The mounting base measures 19.5i inches x 10.5 inches.
- The outfeed table is not adjustable, but the input table can be adjusted based on preferences.
- It has a very sturdy and solid construction.
- It is reasonably priced and gets the job done.
8. WEN 6560T in. 10 Amp Corded Cast Iron Benchtop Jointer
The WEN jointer is popular for being reliable and fast. It has a 10 amp meter that works to provide up to 20,000 cuts every minute. That’s quite impressive! What are its other features? Read on.
- The jointer comes with a dust port, push stick, filter bag, and a push block.
- The base is made of cast iron. It is very sturdy and does not move at all during usage. You will also feel no vibrations whatsoever.
- The table measures 6.25 inches x 28.5 inches.
- It is adjustable. You can move it in any direction up to 45 degrees.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
9. Woodtek 115955 6” Benchtop Jointer
This might not be the most potent benchtop jointer in the batch, but with the 15,000-CPM, this will get the job done similar to the other competing models. The whole machine weighs only 42 pounds making it the lightest and best portable models. With a modest price, this is apt for people who are just getting started in the business.
Woodtek 115955 6” Benchtop Jointer comes with these following features:
- Extremely lightweight, this machine weighs around 42 pounds making it easy to carry anywhere.
- With Horse Power ½, Voltage 120, and Phase 1, this metal machine will get the job done efficiently.
- Most affordable product for the beginners who are new to the job.
10. RIKON 20-600H 6” Benchtop Jointer
RIKON 20-600H is a bulky tool that comes with a five-year warranty. With its features and overall built, we are sure that this product will work in a super-efficient manner for years. With the 10amps motor, this jointer will work best on 6 inches wide boards.
RIKON 20-600H 6” Benchtop Jointer comes with these following features:
- RIKON 6” jointer comes with a 6” row helical-style cutter head, 12 HSS, and 2-insert cutters for fine cutting.
- The machine has a 10 AMP motor with steel insert knives.
- All-metal body, this machine comes with a five-year warranty.
- Change the cutting angle by adjusting the fence from 90 degrees to 45 degrees with swift movements.
Get the right machine
As we already mentioned, there are many jointers available in the market. So, whether you are a professional woodworker or hobbyist, our authentic reviews will help you in choosing the best benchtop jointer, which will be practical and pocket-friendly. We hope that with this data, you will be able to buy a woodworking tool that will help in pursuing carpentry projects.
Comparison of Best Benchtop Jointers
|JET 708457DXK||Cutech 40160H-CT||Delta Power Tools|
|Motor Voltage||115 V||115 V||120 V|
|Number of Knives||3||2||2|
|Cutterhead Spead||6000 RPM||11,000 RPM||10,000 RPM|
|Max. Depth of Cut||1/8 Inch||1/8 Inch||1/8 Inch|
How to Use a Jointer?
So, you got the best jointer for your woodworking project. But how will you use it to get the best output, especially if you are a beginner in the field or doing some DIY tasks at home? Check this quick guide to know how to use a jointer comfortably.
- First, you need to setup your machine. Make sure you set the blades at the same height.
- Adjust the drive belt, fence, depth of cut, etc.
- Follow the user guide to set the tables parallel to each other.
- Make sure to check the jointer bed’s width and length to know how much size of lumber you can pass through it.
- Now, analyze the piece of wood you are making straight. Mark the concave side and hold it down on the jointer surface.
- Then make the face flat with the help of the outfeed table. Use push blocks to hold the face and push the wood block through the cutter.
- After that, start doing edge jointing. This sequence is necessary to maintain the safety and quality levels.
- You should always remember to take precautions when you are working on any machine.
- Wear hand and eye protectors. Keep the safe distance from the spinning knives.
- Take help of the push sticks/blocks to hold and pass the lumber through the machine.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and take help of a professional if you don’t know how to use the wood jointer exactly or if you are doing it for the first time.
It’s obvious that more cutting head width means more expensive jointer. Generally, the 6 to 8-inch jointers are used by the woodworkers. The height difference between the infeed and outfeed tables helps to measure the depth of cut. This guide may not make you the master of woodworking, but it will surely help you to have the desired work from your jointer machine.