Best 6 Inch Jointer Reviews of 2019 | Top Tools for Woodworking
If you want to straighten and square lumber, then you need a good-quality woodworking tool like a jointer. A 6-inch jointer will provide great help in flattening up the faces and squaring up the edges of warped, rough, and oversize wood pieces. If you are a professional woodworker, then you will love to have such a tool in your workshop as it will repay you in just a couple of years even if you have a small scale business. Without discussing more, let’s have a look at the top wood jointers with the 6-inch width of cut.
Best 6 Inch Jointer
1. PORTER-CABLE PC160JT 6 Inch Jointer
The PC160JT from PORTER-CABLE is a variable speed jointer which allows you to select the speed of the machine according to the size and hardness/softness of the lumber. Whether you need a tool for face jointing, or flattening, or edging, this system is the ideal for any of them.
Features and specs of PORTER-CABLE 6-inch Jointer are:
- It has a speed range of 6000 RPM to 11000 RPM.
- The cutter head can cut from 12000 to 20000 pieces per minute.
- You can easily replace and adjust the knives with the help of inbuilt cutter head lock.
- It has two knives with extra large tablespace which provide smooth and enough work support.
- It has a metric measurement system with a frustration-free certification.
- You will have a definite edge jointing facility due to its center mounting fence.
- The PC160JT has a size of 32.1-inch by 12.4-inch by 11.2-inch and a weight of around 40 pounds.
2. Grizzly G0725 6 by 28-Inch Benchtop Jointer
Grizzly is one of the most renowned brands for providing top-quality woodworking machines like jointer, planer, jigsaw, rotary tool, electric drill, etc. Despite a smaller design compared to the other highly reviewed jointing machines, the G0725 is a real performer that will not let you down in your any project. If you have limited space in your workshop, then I recommend you to purchase this powerful tool to fit comfortably in your place.
Specifications and features of Grizzly G0725 6” Benchtop Jointer are:
- It has a single-phase, 110V motor with 1-1/2-HP power.
- This machine has a speed of 10000 RPM.
- The cutter head delivers a speed of 20000 cuts per minute.
- The cast iron table has a size of 28-1/2 inches by 6-1/4 inches.
- You will get a 1/8” maximum depth of cut with this machine.
- It includes easily replaceable knives with 450 bevel adjustment.
- The fence has dimensions of 22-7/8 inches by 4-5/16 inches with 450, 900, and 1350 fence stops.
- It has a built-in dust collection system with a 2-1/2-inch dust port.
- The G0725 weighs 81 pounds and size of 15-inch by 32.5-inch by 11.2-inch.
3. Delta Power Tools 37-071 MIDI-Bench 6 Inch Jointer
The Delta Power Tools has over 90 years of experience in providing equipment for the woodworking business. The 37-071 midi-bench jointer is another excellent example of the mastery of the company. This 6” machine will help you to create a masterpiece with a comfortable process and pinpoint precision.
Features and specs of Delta 37-071 6” Jointer are:
- This machine gets power from a 12A, 120V, single-phase motor.
- It has a cast iron construction which makes it durable, stable, and a vibration absorber.
- It has a cutter head with a diameter of 1-7/8-inch which provides a speed of 10000 RPM which delivers 20000 cuts per minute.
- It has two handles and two knives which provide maximum cut depth of 1/8-inch.
- The table dimensions are 6-1/4-inch by 28-1/2-inch, and fence dimensions are 4-5/16-inch by 22-7/8-inch.
- You can adjust the fence quite comfortably with its 900 and 450 in/out positive stops.
- This machine has a size of 35-inch by 17-inch by 13-inch with a weight of 76 pounds.
4) Cutech 40160H-CT 6 Inch Benchtop Spiral Jointer
If you are looking for a reliable, high-powered, and budget-friendly wood jointing machine, then you can go for the Cutech 40160H-CT. It is from the category of heavy-duty benchtop jointers which has a simple, user-friendly, and a feature-rich design which will not make you regret your purchase.
Specifications and features of Cutech 40160H-CT 6-inch Jointer are:
- It has a powerful motor with 120V, 10A, AC power.
- You can quickly level the infeed and outfeed tables depending on your requirement.
- The fence has a 90-degree to 135-degree adjustable settings.
- The maximum depth capacity is 1/8,” and the total length of the table is 30 inches.
- The cutter head has a spiral design delivers precise cuts for every kind of lumber.
- This jointing machine weights 40 pounds and dimensions of 32-inch by 12.25-inch by 11-inch.
- You will get a 2-year warranty from the company.
5) Powermatic 1791317K 54HH 6 Inch Helical Head Jointer
Another famous brand, Powermatic offers an excellent machine for woodworking project named as 1791317K helical head 6” jointer. The reasons behind the effectiveness of this powerful equipment are the carbide made insert cutters and the combo of different angles of the cutter head. You will not believe in its precise cutting at first, because this system delivers silent operation of wood jointing!
Features and specifications of Powermatic 1791317K 6-inch Jointer are:
- The infeed and outfeed tables have 6-inch adjustable sizes to offer a comfortable working surface.
- A 1HP, 115/230V motor powers the machine.
- The cutter head has a four-sided knife which delivers smooth, quiet, and accurate cutting of the wood.
- It has a 21-inch by 13-inch sized steel cabinet to provide optimum precision.
- The fence comes with a size of 38-inch by 4-inch with a 45-degree & 95-degree tilt.
- The table has dimensions of 66” by 7-1/2” which is the longest in the category.
- The machine weighs 328 pounds and the size of 66-inch by 24-inch by 37.5-inch.
- You will get a 5-year warranty from the company.
6) Shop Fox W1829 6 Inch Benchtop Jointer
With a sturdy cast iron construction and a compact design, the W1829 6” jointer from Shop Fox is an efficient tool that you will love to have in your workshop. It has an integrated dust collection system at the bottom of the table.
Specifications and features of Shop Fox W1829 6” Jointer are:
- A single phase, 110V, 1-1/2 HP motor powers the machine.
- The cutter head has a speed of 1000 rounds per minute with around 20000 cuts/minute.
- It has a powder coated finish. The fence has a definite tilt at 450 and 900.
- You will have clean and accurate cuts with two-knife HSS cutting head.
- The infeed table knob is fully adjustable to have an accurate depth of cutting.
- You will get a pair of free safety push blocks to save your hands from any harm.
- The machine weights approximately 80 pounds and dimensions of 29.5 inches by 19.75 inches by 12.5 inches.
7) JET – JJ-6HHDX 6 Inch Helical Head Jointer
If the price is not a significant matter for you, then I recommend you to go for this fantastic woodworking tool from JET. Don’t think it is very much expensive as it is still a budget-friendly option for many users. This machine is worthy because it has all the quality characteristics that a top-rated jointer should come with.
Features and specifications of JET JJ-6HHDX 6-Inch Jointer are:
- The T-style table locking levers are ideal for those who do not change the table settings quite often.
- The 2HP motor delivers powerful yet silent operation.
- It has a four-sided carbide insert which means you will have a natural replacement method for the blades.
- You can have the under or over mounting on the table thanks to the dual positioned on/off switch.
- The fence has two-way tilting positions with 45-degree and 90-degree stops.
- It has a stationary weight of 260 pounds and size of 56-inch by 21-inch by 45-inch.
Choose the Best 6 Inch Jointer
As all jointers listed here have the 6-inch width of cut, so we will not talk about that one of the most critical factors here. Apart from the bed width, the cutting depth, adjustable positive stops, motor power, cutting speed, cutting rate, dust collecting system, and warranty are the aspects that you should keep in mind while buying a jointer for your woodworking projects.
Which 6-inch jointer will you buy from this list? Is there any other tool of the same category that you feel can be added here? You can share your thoughts in the comment section below.