Ok, we have talked a lot about jointers. How jointer works, how to choose the best jointer for your woodworking job, what are the differences between the jointer and planer, and which tool is best for completing your wood project. But, is it possible to get a perfect woodworking tool at cheap rates? You know that the top-featured product can be available at a high price rate. It is a simple fact that ‘if you want more, pay more.’
What to do when you are tight on a budget like $1000 and can’t go beyond that but still want a feature-rich product? It seems very difficult to get the best jointer under $1000 price, right? Well, don’t worry. I have researched a lot and created this list of the most sought budget jointers available in the market today. Let’s have a look at them.
- Best Jointer Under $1000
- 1) DEWALT DW682K Plate Biscuit Joiner
- 2) Delta Power Tools 37-071 MIDI-Bench Jointer
- 3) Grizzly G0725 Benchtop Jointer
- 4) Cutech 40160H-CT 6″ Spiral Cutterhead Jointer
- 5) WEN 6560 Benchtop Jointer with Filter Bag
- 6) PORTER-CABLE PC160JT Variable Speed Jointer
- 7) POWERTEC BJ600 Benchtop Jointer
- 8) Shop Fox W1829 6” Benchtop Jointer
Best Jointer Under $1000
1) DEWALT DW682K Plate Biscuit Joiner
First on the list is the DEWALT DW682K biscuit jointer. Many professionals around the world use this favorite machine. Its robust design and ease of use make this jointer a real value for the money. The heavy-duty construction of this jointer makes it ideal for the production purpose.
Features of DEWALT DW682K Biscuit Jointer are:
- It has a 6.5A motor which generates a power of 10000 RPM for an efficient working on the hardest woods.
- The integrated fence is adjustable which can be tilt from 0 to 90 degrees.
- If you want a stationary work from the jointer, then you can use the heavy-duty aluminum shoe for clamping it.
- It has a maximum cutting depth of 20 mm which helps to work on the common biscuit sizes like #0, #10, and #20. You can even seamlessly adjust other dimensions.
- It has an attached dust bag which will help you to keep the working area clean by collecting the dust and debris.
- DEWALT provides a 90-day money back guarantee, one-year free service, and a three-year limited warranty on the product.
- Portable design
- Sturdy and efficient operation even on the hardwood
- Great dust collection facility
- Easy to use and performs accurately
- No plastic adapter for the fence included
- The fence cannot be tilted beyond 90°
2) Delta Power Tools 37-071 MIDI-Bench Jointer
The heavy-duty midi-benchtop jointer from Delta helps to flatten the lumber surfaces and squares the edges efficiently. If you have a medium to small-scale woodworking workshop, then this budget jointer is an ideal choice for you. It is one of the best 6-inch jointers available in the market today.
Features of Delta Power Tools 37-071 Jointer are:
- It has a 1.5HP 120V motor which generates the power of 10000 RPM for 20000 cuts per minute.
- The dual knives design has a maximum depth capacity of 1/8” that helps to flatten and cut the lumber quickly and easily.
- It comes with a 22-7/8” cast iron fence with -45°, 90°, and 135° positive stops for balancing.
- You can use the lumber of up to the size of 28-1/2” by 6” on its table.
- It is easy to install and comes with a 5-year warranty from the company.
- The inbuilt dust blower which pushes most of the dust out of the machine in your shop vac.
- Efficient dust collection system
- Easy to install and to change blades
- A durable performance with sturdy build
- Extended warranty for the product
- Blade adjustment takes some time for the beginners
- You may need to check for the table alignment regularly
3) Grizzly G0725 Benchtop Jointer
The Grizzly G0725 is one of the most popular benchtop jointers available today. Like the other successful power tools from the company, this woodworking machine has a quality design and powerful features. It has enough ability to meet any 6-inch cutting needs.
Features of Grizzly G0725 Jointer are:
- Its 1-1/2 HP 110V single phase motor generates cutter head speed of 10000 rounds per minute for delivering 20000 cuts every minute.
- The heavy duty cast iron table efficiently sets up the lumbers with the width of up to 6-inches.
- It comes with a 2-1/2” dust port collection system to help you get a better cleaning operation.
- The machine has a heavy-duty construction which offers durable performance.
- It has a center-mounted cast iron fence and cast iron tables which provides enough toughness for dealing the big wood jobs.
- The company provides a one-year warranty for this 6-inch jointer.
- Solid construction
- Inbuilt dust collection system
- Powerful motor
- Simple knife adjustment with a 45-degree bevel settings
- No manual variable speed adjustment available
- It’s a little bit difficult for the beginners to adjust the components at arrival
4) Cutech 40160H-CT 6″ Spiral Cutterhead Jointer
There are many reasons for including the Cutech 40160H-CT in this list. It has a balance of intuitive features and quality performance at an affordable price. All such impressive things make this tool a real value for the money.
Features of Cutech 40160H-CT Benchtop Jointer are:
- It has a helical cutter head with 12 double-sided HSS knives which provides superior cutting efficiency.
- Because of the more number of blades and sharing work, they work longer than the blades of other standard wood jointers.
- This machine has a 120V, 12 amp motor which generates the power for 20000 cuts per minute.
- The 1/8” cutting depth of the blades deliver efficient and smooth performance even on a piece of rough lumber.
- It has a cutting table size of 30” by 6-3/16” which is quite longer than many of its competitor products. This feature allows you to pass longer wooden boards on the cutter head.
- Even if you are cutting smaller surfaces, you will be able to maintain the balance of the board thanks to its 20” tall fence.
- You will get a two-year limited warranty from the seller of the product.
- Long cutting table for a comfortable and balanced operation
- Versatility with excellent adjustment settings
- Helical spiral cutter head for efficient performance
- An inbuilt 2 ½” dust port
- All things are included in one package
- Aluminum material used for the construction which is not as sturdy as cast iron
- Still, there are more popular brands for woodworking jointers which lead to less popularity of the product
5) WEN 6560 Benchtop Jointer with Filter Bag
The WEN 6560 is another excellent woodworking machine in the market. It has an attractive mixture of speed and power for flattening the lumber surfaces and squaring the edges in less time with a little effort. It is an ideal product for the DIYers who do not want to spend much money but want a feature-rich woodworking tool.
Features of WEN 6560 6” Jointer are:
- It has a 1-1/2-HP motor which generates enough power for cutting 20000 pieces per minute.
- Though the 1/10-inch of cutting depth takes more time and passes for reaching the desired dimensions of the wood piece, it will minimize the risk of taking off to much from the lumber than you expected.
- It comes with a 28-1/2” table and a 4-1/2” fence made up of cast iron which provides a balanced and robust operation.
- It has an inbuilt dust collection system which helps to keep your working area neat and clean.
- You will get a two-year warranty from the company for this jointer.
- Included filter bag
- The fence has moving adjustability with stops
- The table is specious to handle big jobs
- Cutting depth capacity can be increased
- Some instructions are in broken English so that you may face some issue understanding it
6) PORTER-CABLE PC160JT Variable Speed Jointer
The PORTER-CABLE PC160JT has no reason to be excluded from this list of the best budget jointers. The variable speed of the motor is the main but not the only selling point of this powerful yet affordable woodworking tool. It is a viable option if you have a really tight budget but still wants an efficient product for your woodworking projects.
Features of PORTER-CABLE PC160JT 6” Jointer are:
- Depending on the hardness and size of the wood, you can select the right speed of the cutter head ranging from 6000 RPM to 11000 RPM.
- The dual jack screw knives on the cutter head have a comfortable level arrangement and replacement settings.
- It comes with a 2HP 110V single phase motor which generates power for making 22000 cuts per minute.
- It has maximum depth capacity of 1/8” and two fence stops of 90° and 45°.
- The company provides a one-year limited warranty for the product.
- Affordable price with ease of use
- Unique variable speed motor for a high cutting efficiency
- It can handle a variety of pieces from hardwood boards to softwood lumbers
- An ideal machine for flattening, edging, and facing
- Efficient dust collection system
- The sheet metal housing and the plastic adjustment levers make it less durable than the other cast iron designs
- Beginners may seem it difficult to calibrate
7) POWERTEC BJ600 Benchtop Jointer
The POWERTEC BJ600 is a highly rated 6” benchtop jointer by the users. It also has a right balance of the affordability and operation. It has a unique feature of a safety power lock which prevents any unintended usage, especially by the children.
Features of POWERTEC BJ600 Jointer are:
- This machine comes with a powerful 1-3/4 HP motor that creates a high speed for making 20000 cuts per minute.
- Its cast iron table has a cutting capacity of 6-inch, and the adjustable cast iron fence has 45° inward and 45° outward tilting capability.
- It has an inbuilt dust collection system with a 2-1/2” dust port which helps to remove the debris and wood chips for a clean workspace.
- You can use a wood piece with a size of up to 6-1/8” width and can remove up to 1/8” lumber in a single pass.
- The company provides a 30-day money back guarantee and 1-year limited warranty.
- Affordable price
- Safety switch for preventing unwanted operation
- Efficient cutting capacity
- Adjustable fence with the sturdy design
- Instructions are not as clear as expected
- Still needs some improvements in the quality of working
8) Shop Fox W1829 6” Benchtop Jointer
Just as you want while looking at a wood jointer, the Shop Fox W1829 has a combination of powerful motor and safety features. It has a budget-friendly price with powerline features that helped it to make to this list.
Features of Shop Fox W1829 Jointer are:
- Its 110V 1-1/2 HP single phase motor generates the speed of 10000 rpm for making 20000 cuts per minute.
- Its two-knife HSS cutter head delivers fast and smooth cuts even on rough lumber.
- The attached dust port of 2-1/2” size helps to maintain the working area clean.
- The easily adjustable fence has 45-degree outward, and 90-degree inward stops for convenient operation.
- Along with the jointer, you will also get the push blocks for safe handling, and inbuilt dust collection fan & bag for dust-free working.
- Shop Fox provides a two-year warranty on this jointer.
- Affordable price for a branded machine
- Easily adjustable and replaceable knives
- Inbuilt dust collection fan and bag
- Sturdy construction
- Some users reviewed that the machine arrived with unaligned components and they faced difficulties in adjusting them.
What to look while buying a jointer?
There are some must-to-look-for things that you need to check when buying a jointer, especially if you are tight in budget and don’t want to spend money on purchasing multiple tools. Check the motor power, rotation speed, cutting capacity, depth of cut, dust collection port size, lumber size capacity, number of knives, fence adjustability, the material used for construction, portability, and warranty. If you make a checklist of these things and remember to analyze the woodworking machine based on them, then you will surely get real value for your money.
A jointer is a handy tool for a carpenter or any woodworker. Whether you are a professional who wants a value-for-the-money tool for the everyday work or a hobbyist who needs a right machine for the DIY wood projects, the jointer helps to smoothen the edges of any lumber and boosts its durability. But, due to the many options available in the market, it sometimes becomes difficult to find the perfect machine.
Getting the best jointer for flattening and smoothening lumbers is not an easy task, especially if you have a limited budget. It is essential to understand the knowledge about the tool before you spend your hard earned money on it.
From the most common three types of jointers; benchtop, long-bed, and closed stand (stand-mounted or stationary); I have focused on the benchtop jointers here. The main reason is their affordable price compared to the other machine types. I have included the budget-friendly (under $1000) jointer tools in this list to help you get all the top options at the same spot.
Let me know which budget jointer will you buy from the list above. If you have any other woodworking machine available at low price and working best, then you can share its details too.
Thanks for reading till this point!