If you have been researching about jointers, you have definitely come across the Cutech 40160h-ct Jointer. It is quite popular in the market and for a good reason, too! Users say that it is a good jointer and can be used for various purposes.
However, before jumping to any conclusions, let’s take a close, detailed look at this product:
What are the Features of the Cutech 6 inch Benchtop Jointer?
The jointer comes with level adjustable beds and a fence with a good range of tilt (from 90 to 135 degrees). Furthermore, it has a formidable 10 Amp 120V motor. We’ve listed a few more features below:
- It has a spiral cutterhead with 12 2-sided HSS inserts.
- It comes with a 2.5-inch dust port.
- If the job site is far away, you won’t need to worry about transportation. The makers have ensured that it is lighter than regular jointers so that transportation is relatively easy.
- It is tough and durable.
- The jointer comes with push blocks and additional tools for tip replacement.
- Push pads are also included.
Cutech Jointer Reviews
We shall start by looking at the positives:
- The spiral cutters are reliable and can endure continuous work hours. They work exceptionally on various types of wood including maple and red oak.
- Many users were surprised at how quiet it was especially when compared with other jointers. However, we do not recommend usage without safety and hearing protection.
- The aluminum fence is sturdy, but you may have to make slight adjustments before using it. We saw that even though it felt a little shaky, after we tweaked it, it stayed still and unmoved throughout our work process.
- You can expect smooth and flat edges on the wood once it passes through this machine.
- Another thing that we loved not just about the product but about the brand is the customer service. The salespeople are extremely knowledgeable and know what they are selling. What’s more, they help you make the right choice and, it doesn’t seem like they are only worried about sales. This is very refreshing.
- The machine is safe to use.
Now, a look at the negatives:
- Some users, we have heard, have had issues with the aluminum fence. They say it doesn’t stay with the table even after multiple tweaks.
- While we can adjust the jointer, some woodworkers have reported that it is quite difficult to do so. You will need a screwdriver, a wrench, and a level each time and that makes things tedious.
- The jointer being lightweight may also work negatively because you need to be doubly sure that it is bolted securely every time you use it.
What’s the bottom-line?
While the Cutech 6 inch benchtop jointer is a popular choice and in a competitive price range, we do not advise that you purchase it blindly. Go through all its pros and cons, and then decide whether it will work for you. Some of you may need a heavier jointer, which is why doing this homework is crucial. From our end, though, we give the jointer 4 out of 5 stars!
We hope this review helps you make the right choice.