The Delta Benchtop Jointer is electric and made up of cast iron. At the time of working you will find the base sturdy which in turn will make your woodworking task smoother and efficient. It is 6” tool which you will find affordable.
If I talk about the top-quality jointer in the market, then Delta 37-0716 is the appropriate option. Here I will talk about the delta jointer review so that you can get familiar with this tool.
Let’s move on to gain knowledge on the same.
Delta Jointer Reviews
Features of Delta Benchtop Jointer
- It provides accurate jointing due to the durable cast iron fence support system.
- It features 12 amp, 120v, 60 Hz along with universal motor of one phase.
- At the time of changing knives, you will have easy adjustment because of jack screw arrangement which is simple.
- It holds aluminum cutter head which is up to 1/8”depth of cut along with two knives. 1 7/8” is the dimension of the cutter head.
- You will enjoy long-term accuracy because of the precise machining of the table and fence. It will provide you with precision for a long time.
- It can increase the weight offering stability and bring down the vibration because of long-lasting construction of cast iron.
- The speed of cutter head is 10,000 RPM. Per minute you will get 20,000 maximum number of cuts.
- 6” is the maximum width of the cut. 4 5/16” D x 22 7/8” W is the dimension of the fence. At 450 and 900 the fence has positive stops. You will find standard two knife cutterhead.
- It weighs 76 lbs. The opening of the dust collection is 2 1/4”.
- The measurement of the base is 11 1/2” D x 21” W. It covers the pair of push blocks. The dimension of the table is 6 1/4”.
From the above-stated points, you will come to know the specifications of Delta Benchtop Jointer.
Delta Benchtop Jointer is meant for the beginners and woodworkers on a budget. If you are looking for the affordable jointer, then it is apt for you. It works as a mobile jointer and holds the large cutting capacity of 6”. This is a small jointer that works on a smaller table.
Accessories included in Delta Benchtop Jointer are separate planer and shop vac along with the potentially mobile base. If you need you can have planer which is optional. For the dust collection, you can make use of shop vac as per your choice. In case you experience 76 lbs jointer heavy to move around then you can make use of the mobile base.
Advantages of Delta Benchtop Jointer
- The construction of the iron is durable.
- It increases the weight providing stability and reduces vibration.
- You will have the accuracy because of the precision machining of the table and fence.
- All your small shop needs will be fulfilled by this tool.
- It is a reliable tool that works as the excellent shop joiner.
- It is affordable, and you can quickly move around this tool. It will not occupy much space in the workshop.
After discussing the positive side, let’s talk about the negative aspect of the jointer which is very less.
- The dust port is small.
- The fence takes some time to get square.
- Some users experienced that the cuts were not consistent.
- It is not meant for the production that requires big and large pieces of timber.
Delta Benchtop Jointer
This piece of writing will give you the clear picture of the reviews of Delta Jointer. Here you will come to know about the pros and cons of the standard cutter head. In the market, this jointer is considered one of the finer inexpensive benchtop jointers that will make your woodworking task effortless and comfortable.